Get to Know Me in 12
One of my favorite bloggers, Pineapple and Prosecco recently did a "Get to Know Me in 12" post and I absolutely loved it! I think this a great way for me to introduce or re-introduce myself to you all! I don't always share a lot of behind the scenes stuff so I thought this would be a fun way to let you guys know a little bit more about me... here we go!
Fit Details: Jeans size 16 | Top size Large
- I always get the question, "How tall are you?" I am 5'10.5" so I'm usually 6'2" when I have heels on (which is most of the time). Believe it or not, I am actually the shortest person in my immediate family (besides my mom) both my sisters are taller than me and they are GORGEOUS!
- I am a Colorado native. I know, I know, we are hard to come by these days.
- I attended Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa where I studied Magazine Journalism and Graphic Design. Go Bulldogs!
- I am a Delta Gamma! Where my DEE GEEs at??
- My dream job is to be a curve model and someday have my own clothing line because there are so many things that I want to wear that don't come in my size. I am happiest when I am empowering other women to love themselves!
- I don't always share my struggles here on the blog but I think it is important to know that I do have struggles and insecurities like everyone else! I want this to be a place of positivity and inspiration. I might share more of my personal life down the road but for now, I will stick to fashion.
- I have a tattoo on my bum! I got it in college and one of my bffs has the same one. Some people might say that is crazy but I love it!
- I work at a branding agency in Denver full time while blogging is my side gig. I would love to make blogging and modeling a career someday!
- I am incredibly close to my family. I was lucky enough to grow up with a lot of my family close by, especially my grandparents. Fun Fact: My grandpa invented the yellow tennis ball!
- I am currently training for my first sprint triathlon! I am super nervous but I have always wanted to do it. I love doing things that scare me because I think in those instances is when you grow the most as a person.
- I had a breast reduction earlier this year. Only my close friends and family know about this one as I didn't post about it on the blog or social media yet. Prior to my surgery, I was a 36H and I'm now a 36DDD. This was a decision I made after years of debating and I finally took the plunge to benefit myself physically and emotionally. I will be doing a full blog post on this soon!
- My very first crush was Harrison Ford in Indian Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark. Those movies are some of my favorites! I always wanted to name my child Indiana, hopefully, my future hubby agrees someday!
Photos: Alicia Lewin Photography